Today, I just wanted to reach out to some of the talented illustrators, that I know. We visit one another, spend time in each other’s colorful blog world and reach out to one another with thoughtfulness, warmth and downright gut wrenching laughter!
When Linda Hensley, sent me this, I thought it was a good time to do something fun and show my appreciation of these artists.
First, I want to thank Linda Hensley, for giving me this award. Linda writes and blogs over at: http://lindahensley.blogspot.com. She’s a thoughtful and informative writer and an amazing illustrator. Linda adds value to the blog world! So this wonderful artist has given me an award! Yeah, thank you, Linda!
There were some rules for picking up the award, why, Linda, why? Rules…ugh! 🙂
The rules for receiving the award:
– Thank the person who gave you the award.
– Write a post about it.
– Answer the questions below.
– Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them know.
So here’s some miscellaneous stuff you didn’t want to know about me! 🙂
Q & A:
01. My favorite color: Orange & Turquoise – never could choose between them!
02. My favorite animal: I should say my daughter’s cat, Oscar, but we have a love/hate relationship! So I have to say my German Shepard, Keisha, who has gone to doggy heaven!
03. My favorite number: 3
04. My favorite non-alcoholic drink? Limeade
05. I’m a member of Facebook and Twitter
06. My passion: I’m not sure there’s enough time to list them all! I’m fanatical about My family, Women and Children Issues/Advocacy; The Elderly, The Environment, and Art, which is not last or least!
07. Getting or giving presents? I love both equally!
08. My favorite pattern? I don’t have a favorite.
09. My favorite day of the week? Friday.
10. My favorite flower? Sunflowers, because when I see them the make me smile, no, matter the mood, there’s something about their brown faces and bright yellow/gold flower hair, that brings out the best in me.
10 Favorite Bloggers:
I hate choosing just 10, because I love so many, but here goes this time around:
1) Vanessa Brantley Newton – http://oohlaladesignstudio.blogspot.com. Her joy and enthusiasm, and pure madness always keeps me laughing!
2) Valerie Walsh – http://www.valgalart.com/blog. Valerie thoughtfulness and beautiful aesthetic always gives me food for thought.
3) Bella Sinclair –http://bellasinclair.blogspot.com. Bella’s art is wonderful and Bella has enough warmth and love for the whole world, and I’m so happy she give me some of it!
4) Jack Foster – http://jacktoon.blogspot.com. Jack’s expressive illustrations are always fun, warm and so easy to relate to.
5) Josh Pincus –http://blog.marshotelonline.com. He is always over the top, and his posts has me laughing out loud with memories and amazed at his knowledge and research!
6) Paula Kuitenbrouwer – http://mindfuldrawing.com – Paula’s posts are always calming and meditative with a smile factor, proving life is in the moment.
7) Ellen Byrne – http://ellenbyrne.blogspot.com. Her blog always has a nostalgic feel and sparkles with her personality.
8) Laurel Gaylord – http://www.studiololo.blogspot.com. Who for the longest time, I only knew her by “Lolo”. She’s an amazing talent with several wonderful blogs!!!
9) Roberta Baird –http://www.robertabaird.com/blog. She is the only illustrator who can get me to look at a mouse, longer then two seconds! Her illustrations makes the child in you dream.
Last, but never least:
10) Sharon Wagner –http://sharonrwagner.blogspot.com. Sharon’s color and designs always jumps off the page, in a fun and whimsical manner.
Sharon has given me a beautiful award, which I want to acknowledge here, also so that you can see her beautiful style and of course to end this blog post in vivid color as well. Thank you Sharon!
I’m truly blessed to know so many talented, amazing, fun-loving and caring artists. It makes life bearable and memorable!
Appreciate your friends, they are your extended family.
In peace to you and yours.
Hey Darling!! This so sweet of you to do. Thanks so much! You have been just as much a source of inspiration and hilarious laughter too. he he he he hehe! You are talented and blessed. I am blessed for knowing you. I known I won't be able to post this for a while cause I have to go back under while I work on a few projects. I will post it on the side bar with lots of love. I am so honored by your friendship. You are truly a queen indeed. Blessing be on you and around always,
Big Queen Love,
Amanda Mills said
congratulations on the award!
i cant wait to have a look at these blogs- Amanda
When can I expect my trophy?
Thanks for the kind words.
Does this award include a cash prize like the Miss Universe pageant?
Thank you my dear! I tried to leave a comment but I don't see a link. I love the people you've included, most of them familiar to me…some new. I'll check them out.
You brighten the world just by being you!
you are the sweetest <3
Aaaw, thank you Indigene… how sweet of you to include me in this wonderful group of artists. It's always a joy to hear from you and to see what you're working on. You have such a generous and thoughtful spirit!
On a side note…. I would sure like to see Josh in the Miss Universe tiara, wouldn't you? 😉
Thanks again kind lady!
Mindful Drawing said
Indigene, how kind and great to award my blog and work! I've had a look at all the awarded blogs and they look professional and great.
I just moved house and I need some time to deal with this award. But please know I'm happy with it.
Wishing you a lovely Sunday.
Linda Hensley said
Thanks for the nice words, but then part of the reason I picked you is because you're nice! That and all your pretty colors. I just love how bold your paintings are 🙂 BTW, I didn't make the rules, I just passed them on! Now for the fun of seeing who you nominated…
bella sinclair said
Oh, Indigene! Congratulations on a well deserved reward! And look how perfect it is for you — it's orange and turquoise! (Orange is my favorite, too!) You are an inspiring and warm artist and friend. You have that amazing ability to empower and uplift and motivate people through your art, to stir up passions and bring out the love. I am so honored to be included in your amazing list! Thank you so very, very much!
Love and hugs to you!!! xoxoxo
ellen byrne said
Well, I'm not quite sure what to say! CONGRATULATIONS & THANK YOU!
You are a ray of sunshine to all! You enrich all who come in contact!
Ray is a lucky man!!! he he he he he he!! He is so good to me, but girl then there are times I want to
kill him and tell God, "He died." Thanks so much for you kindness and friendship. Best to you Girly,
Thanks for all the links for me to explore!! I only recognize one or two of the names so it is always good to find more blogs to scope out.
I also wanted to say that I love this new blog layout; all the better to show off your art! I enjoyed the interview below too. was pleased to see she was from Iowa – that is where I was born and raised.